Support the news
If you're here, the following statement probably won't come as a surprise: The digital news landscape is changing rapidly. And one bellwether of that change? Reports, white papers and long-form articles from researchers, think tanks, educational institutions and leading luminaries.
But of course, it can be difficult to keep up with all that information as it's published. So we at Project CITRUS wanted to help by creating this ongoing repository. We'll be updating the list below semi-regularly — so be sure to pin this post and check back for more. (If there's an interesting report or link we've missed, let us know on Twitter.)
- "The Publisher's Guide to Navigating COVID-19" (Sovrn and the University of Oregon School of Journalism and Communication)
- "Voice Technology’s Role in Our Rapidly Changing World" (Adobe)
- "The Infinite Dial 2020" (Edison Research and Triton Digital)
- "Public Radio Techsurvey 2020 Results: Public Radio in a Global Pandemic" (Jacobs Media)
- "Audio’s Opportunity and Who Will Capture It" (Matthew Ball)If you read only one of these read this one, preferably 2 or 3 times. Just trust us.
- "The 2020 Spoken Word Audio Report" (NPR and Edison Research)
- "NPR Podcast Report" (NPR)
- "IAB U.S. Podcast Advertising Revenue Study: FY 2019 & 2020 COVID-19 Impact" (IAB)
- "2020 Digital News Report" (Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism)
- "New powers, new responsibilities. A global survey of journalism and artificial intelligence" (JournalismAI)
- "Journalism innovation in the 2020s" (BBC News Labs)
- "The Case for Digital Public Infrastructure" (Knight First Amendment Institute)
- "Looking Forward to 2020, Here are 10 Themes for News" (NYT Open)
This article was originally published on November 01, 2020.
Support the news