Support the news
We're cooking up a new season of Endless Thread as we speak, dear listeners. But in the meantime, we realized we could probably all use a "snack" to hold us over. In this episode, we hear about a Redditor who created a fake press pass and found himself in a war zone, and another who accidentally assembled an army of crows.
Original music in this episode by Paul Vaitkus.
- Ben's story from r/OldSchoolCool (now deleted): Circa 1992 - I decided to see what war was truly like. At 21 I made a fake press pass for a fake newspaper and pretended to be a real journalist. I was too dumb to understand the risks and too convincing to be denied. The UN put me on an aid flight out of Zagreb into the besieged Sarajevo by redditor u/TJH48932
- u/TJH48932 re-uploaded his series of posts on to his own profile
- Amory's story from r/LegalAdvice: [oregon] I accidentally created an army of crow body guards. Am I liable if my murder attempts murder? by redditor u/cranne
- u/cranne's update on their crow situation: [oregon] I accidentally created an army of crow body guards. Am I liable if my murder attempts murder? UPDATE: The crows saved a life
- A step-by-step guide on how to befriend crows from WorldBirds.org
Support the show:
The best way to support Endless Thread is with a monthly donation to our home station, WBUR. And, for a limited time, everyone who makes a monthly donation will get limited edition Endless Thread socks and access to special bonus content! Donate here.
We want to hear from you! Tell us about your reaction to this episode or send us a story idea. There are a few ways to reach us:
Support the news