One of the things that makes Starbucks so well liked by people everywhere is the amount of customization you can do with your drink. But is there such a thing as too much customization?
On this week's Snacktime, Amory tells Ben about the viral "Edward" order as well as the recent TikTok trend of people ordering drinks at Starbucks from a supposed "secret menu."
- TikTok user thepricklypair attempts to order an "Edward" at Starbucks
- TikTok user secretmenudrinks video on how to order a custom WandaVision-inspired drink at Starbucks
- TikTok user coffeefanatics explains why baristas hate the "secret menu"
- r/Starbucks, a safer place for baristas to vent
- u/canidieyet's post on r/Starbucks, "Why are y'all like this"
- u/lytninfig's post on r/Starbucks, "My heart goes out to whoever works at this Starbucks. If you think waiting in line is a hassle can’t imagine what it would feel like serving one. <3"
Support the show:
The best way to support Endless Thread is with a monthly donation to our home station, WBUR. And, for a limited time, everyone who makes a monthly donation will get limited edition Endless Thread socks and access to special bonus content! Donate here.
We want to hear from you! Tell us about your reaction to this episode or send us a story idea. There are a few ways to reach us: