President Obama Signs Health Care Reform Into Law
In a White House ceremony today, President Obama signed his health care reform into law. It guarantees coverage for 32 million uninsured Americans and caps a divisive, yearlong debate that could define the November elections. We're joined by Rick Klein of the political blog The Note at ABC.com.
Remembering Intrepid Camerawoman Margaret Moth
House Votes To Cut Middleman Out Of Student Loan Program
Tucked into the health care reform legislation was an amendment to dramatically overhaul the student loan program. The measure would expand direct government lending to students, eliminating banks as the middleman and saving the government $60 billion. Daniel de Vise of the Washington Post explains what the changes would mean for students and banks.
Insecurity Puts Women And Girls In Haiti At Risk
A psychiatrist just back from Haiti reports that 80% of the women and girls she interviewed say they have been raped. SuZan Song is a Harvard-trained psychiatrist on a fellowship at the Lucille Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford. We have spoken to her before about her work in Ethiopia and Sierra Leone. She went to Haiti with attorney Jayne Fleming to interview Haitians trying to come to the US for 'humanitarian parole.'
Violinist David Garrett Plays Everything from AC/DC to Vivaldi
Music From The Show
- The Lickets, "A Crowd of Pimps in the Rain"
- Peter Dixon, "Nagog Woods"
- The Wee Trio, "About a Girl"
- Dntel, "Last Songs"
- Antonio Vivaldi, “Summer,” performed by David Garrett
- AC/DC, “Thunderstruck,” performed by David Garrett
- Pablo de Sarasate, “Zigeunerweisen (Gypsy Airs), Opus 20, No. 1 for Violin and Piano,” performed by David Garrett
- Felix Mendelsson, “Concerto in E minor Opus 64,″ performed by David Garrett
- Michael Jackson, “Smooth Criminal,” performed by David Garrett
- Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, “Flight of the Bumblebee,” performed by David Garrett
- Pablo de Sarasate, “Carmen Fantasie,” performed by David Garrett with Paco Pena
This program aired on March 23, 2010.
Support the news
Support the news