The death of a single father and his seven children in Maryland appears to be the result of carbon monoxide poisoning. Authorities in the town of Princess Anne would not confirm, but said a generator with no gasoline was found in the kitchen of the single-story home.
The family of 36-year-old Rodney Todd say he was an outstanding father who worked hard to care for his children. They said he was trying to keep his children warm with the generator after the power had been shut off. The children were between 6 and 15 years old.
Phil Davis has been covering this story for The Daily Times in Salisbury, Md., and joins Here & Now's Robin Young with details.
- Phil Davis, reporter for The Daily Times in Salisbury, Md. He tweets @DT_PhilDavis.
This segment aired on April 7, 2015.