Last night on Fox News Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump sounded like he's no longer calling for the deportations of every undocumented person in the U.S.
Trump told Sean Hannity during a town hall in Texas that "there certainly can be a softening because we're not looking to hurt people."
Latino Republican leader Alfonso Aguilar joins Here & Now's Jeremy Hobson to outline what he'd like to hear from Trump on immigration.
Alfonso Aguilar, president of the American Principles Project's Latino Partnership for Conservative Principles and former head of the Department of Homeland Security's Office of Citizenship. He tweets @amigoaguilar.
This segment aired on August 24, 2016.
- Trump May Shift Position On Mass Deportation
- Trump's Words, Politics Threaten GOP’s Inroads With Latinos
- Election Roundtable: Trump Shakes Things Up, Clinton Faces Controversy
- After A Big Shake-Up In The Trump Campaign, What Happens Next?
- Amid Trump's Calls For 'Extreme Vetting' On Immigration, How Immigrants Are Processed