The iconic black and white panda, long a symbol of efforts to help endangered species, has been removed from the endangered species list by the International Union for Conservation of Nature.
The move has drawn criticism from the Chinese government, which believes the panda should remain on the list. Host Jeremy Hobson hears more from Here & Now’s animal expert Vicki Croke.
This segment aired on September 6, 2016.
- World's Largest Ape Listed As Critically Endangered; Pandas Upgraded To 'Vulnerable'
- A Look At The Critically Endangered Asiatic Cheetahs
- Lions And Elephants Are Targets Of Conservation Efforts
- World's Largest Rodent, The Capybara, Invades Florida
- Donkeys: The Real Life Of The Democratic Party Mascot