Tommy Hilfiger (@tommyhilfiger) and his company have been through ups and downs over the years.
Founded in 1985, it grew to become a major global brand, and his signature red, white and blue logo is recognizable with a glance. The company went public in 1992, and its latest runway show featured a collaboration with model Gigi Hadid.
Hilfiger is also the author of a new book, "American Dreamer: My Life in Fashion and Business." In the latest conversation from our View From The Top series, Hilfiger joins Here & Now's Peter O’Dowd to talk about successes and failures, how he keeps up with trends and where he sees the future of American clothing manufacturing.
This segment aired on November 11, 2016.
- How Sword & Plough Uses Military Surplus — And Hires Vets — To Grow Its Business
- Department Stores Face Challenge From The Resale Market, Luxury And Otherwise
- Customer Returns Pinch Department Store Employees' Commissions
- illycaffè CEO On Climate Change, Sustainability And The Best Way To Drink Coffee
- theSkimm Co-Founders On Success And The Changing News World