Donald Trump's choice of climate skeptic Myron Ebell to lead his EPA transition team has alarmed environmentalists, as have the president-elect's promises to withdraw from the Paris Agreement and promote fossil fuels like coal.
Annie Leonard (@AnnieMLeonard), executive director of Greenpeace USA, tells Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson that her organization will join with others to fight Trump's anti-regulation agenda using a variety of strategies — including nonviolent direct action.
This segment aired on November 15, 2016.
- How President Trump Might Handle Energy And Climate Issues
- Climate Negotiators Respond To Trump Presidency
- Here Is What Donald Trump Wants To Do In His First 100 Days
- After Decades Of Disagreement, Climate Politics Are Still Heated
- Physicist Says The Earth Needs To Reduce Carbon Pollution Now
- Climate Talks In Morocco To Lay Out Plan For Paris Accord