From Saudi Arabia to Russia to China, 2018 saw the U.S. at odds with allies and rivals alike. The killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi and the poisoning of former Russian spy Sergei Skripal sparked diplomatic crises, while a historic summit between the leaders of the U.S. and North Korea marked a pause in escalating tensions over nuclear weapons.
- Here's our look back at 2018's top domestic stories with "CBS Evening News" anchor Jeff Glor
This segment aired on December 24, 2018.
- Senators: Saudi Crown Prince Was Behind Killing Of Jamal Khashoggi
- Russia's Seizure Of Ukrainian Ships Is An 'Outrageous Violation,' Haley Says At U.N.
- Open Scientific Collaboration May Be Helping North Korea Cheat Nuclear Sanctions
- Putin: 'We Know' True Identities Of U.K.'s 2 Suspects In Skripal Poisoning