The pandemic has been especially difficult on the mental health of Black Americans, who had already struggled to access care.
Stephanie Colombini of WUSF in Tampa explains how these challenges have intensified over the last couple of years.
If you or someone you know has a mental health need, contact 211, a 24/7 helpline.
Mental Health America has a Tools 2 Thrive series that provides information, tips, and practical tools that people can use to improve their mental health.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Mental Health American
- American Psychological Association
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services MentalHealth.gov
- National Council for Behavioral Health
This segment aired on February 9, 2022.