He shares some of what he found with host Lisa Mullins.
Refugee literature recommendations from New York Times' book critic Dwight Garner
- "Tristia (Sorrow)" by Ovid
- "The Odyssey" by Homer
- "Crime and Punishment" by Fyodor Dostoevsky
- "Afterparties" by Anthony Veasna So
- "The Committed" by Viet Thanh Nguyen
- "Conversations About Home (at the Deportation Center)" by Warsan Shire, from "The Penguin Book of Migration Literature: Departures, Arrivals, Generations, Returns" edited by Dohra Ahmad
- "White Teeth" by Zadie Smith
- "Being Brought from Africa to America - The Best of Phyllis Wheatley" by Phyllis Wheatley
- "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" by Milan Kundera
This segment aired on March 16, 2022.