1. Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
2. Tufts Associated Health Maintenance Organization
3. Harvard Pilgrim Health Care of New England
4. Capital Health Plan
5. Geisinger Health Plan
6. Grand Valley Health Plan
7. Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin
8. Fallon Community Health Plan
9. Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Colorado
10. Health New England
11. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts
All the top-rated Massachusetts plans are non-profits. And just a bit of inside baseball: If you look at the complete list here, you'll see that Harvard Pilgrim edged out Tufts for the top spot by just a hair: an overall ranking of 90.5 vs. 90.4. Last year's scores followed a similar pattern, and the two plans have been neck-and-neck at the top for five years now. Readers, what do you think is up?
This program aired on September 22, 2010. The audio for this program is not available.