The National Weather Service has issued a hurricane watch for Cape Cod and the Islands as Hurricane Irene to make its way up the East Coast this weekend.
We have compiled a list of online hurricane preparedness resources for Massachusetts residents. You can find more links just for residents of the Cape and the Islands, below:
Cape & The Islands Hurricane Preparedness Links:
- The Cape Cod Emergency Traffic Plan Meant to ensure safety in the event of hazardous conditions necessitating the rapid movement of residents off of Cape Cod.
- Map Of Cape Cod Emergency Shelters
- Hy-Line Cruises Information Via Facebook
- Island Queen Ferry Information Service has already been suspended Sunday, Aug. 28, and Monday, Aug. 29.
- Cape Cod Tide Charts The Latest Weather:
The Latest Traffic And Transportation Information:
Hurricane Preparedness Links:
This program aired on August 26, 2011. The audio for this program is not available.