Support the news

Mihos Pleads Not Guilty To Assault

This article is more than 7 years old.

Former Massachusetts candidate for governor and convenience store magnate Christy Mihos has pleaded not guilty to charges of assaulting his wife.

The 63-old-year-old Mihos was arraigned Thursday in Barnstable District Court.

Andrea Mihos says her husband threatened her and pushed her during an argument at their Yarmouth home in July last year after she told him she had learned he was unfaithful.

Andrea Mihos did not go to police until February after her she alleges her husband assaulted her a second time at their Florida home. He is not facing charges in Florida.

Mihos' attorney said outside court Thursday that the accusations are false, and filed by a "vindictive woman" trying to gain leverage in their divorce proceedings.

This program aired on September 20, 2012. The audio for this program is not available.

+Join the discussion
TwitterfacebookEmail

Support the news