Boston Hubway riders will be able to access 57 stations in the city this winter season as part of new extended service this year.
We reported earlier this month that Hubway was extending service in Boston this winter and now we know exactly which stations will be open (see the full list below). The extended winter service means these stations will stay open through the end of December.
In preparation for winter, Hubway has also moved some stations to off-street areas close to their original locations. Stations at BU Central, Agganis Arena, Yawkey Way at Boylston Street, Boylston Street at Arlington Street, Faneuil Hall and Cambridge Street at Joy Street were all moved this week. The Boston Medical Center (East Concord at Harrison Avenue), Charlestown (Main Street at Austin Street), Jackson Square T and Kenmore Square/Commonwealth Avenue stations will also be moved at a later date.
All Cambridge Hubway stations will stay open throughout the winter, as they did last year. Stations in Brookline and Somerville will close for the winter and the final day of regular season operations will be Nov. 26.
All stations that are closed for the winter are expected to reopen in March or April 2015.
Here is the list of Boston stations that will be open this winter:
- Agganis Arena - 925 Commonwealth Ave.
- Aquarium Station - 200 Atlantic Ave.
- B.U. Central - 725 Commonwealth Ave.
- Back Bay / South End Station
- Boston Convention & Exhibition Center
- Boston Public Library - 700 Boylston St.
- Boylston St. at Arlington St.
- Boylston St / Washington St
- Buswell St. at Park Dr.
- Cambridge St. at Joy St.
- Channel Center - A St / Richards St
- Charlestown - Warren St at Chelsea St
- Chinatown Gate Plaza - Surface Rd. at Beach St.
- Christian Science Plaza
- Columbus Ave. at Mass. Ave.
- Cross St. at Hanover St.
- Dorchester Ave. at Gillette Park
- Dudley Square
- Egleston Square at Columbus Ave
- Fan Pier
- Faneuil Hall - Union St. at North St.
- Green St T
- Harvard Real Estate - Brighton Mills - 370 Western Ave
- Harvard University Housing - 111 Western Ave. at Soldiers Field Park
- Harvard University Transportation Services - 175 North Harvard St
- HMS / HSPH - Ave. Louis Pasteur at Longwood Ave.
- ID Building East
- ID Building West
- Innovation Lab - 125 Western Ave. at Batten Way
- JFK / UMASS Station
- Landmark Centre
- Lewis Wharf - Atlantic Ave.
- Longwood Ave / Binney St
- Mayor Martin J. Walsh - 28 State St.
- New Balance - 20 Guest St.
- Newmarket Square
- Northeastern U / North Parking Lot
- Packard’s Corner - Comm. Ave. at Brighton Ave.
- Prudential Center / Belvidere
- Rowes Wharf - Atlantic Ave
- Roxbury Crossing Station
- Ruggles Station / Columbus Ave.
- Seaport Hotel
- Seaport Square - Seaport Blvd. at Boston Wharf
- South Boston Library - 646 East Broadway
- South Station - 700 Atlantic Ave.
- Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital - Charlestown Navy Yard
- Stuart St. at Charles St.
- TD Garden - Causeway at Portal Park #1
- TD Garden - Causeway at Portal Park #2
- Tremont St / W Newton St
- Tremont St / West St
- Tremont St. at Berkeley St.
- Union Square - Brighton Ave. at Cambridge St.
- Washington St. at Lenox St.
- West Broadway at Dorchester St
- Yawkey Way at Boylston St.