The coverage and discussion of so-called "Deflate-Gate" is everywhere. But, why so much national attention and how much is too much?
Dan Lebowitz, the executive director of the Center for the Study of Sport in Society at Northeastern University, joins Morning Edition to talk about what all this coverage says about the influence of sports culture in our society today.
To hear the full interview, click on the audio player above.
This segment aired on May 13, 2015.
- NFL Suspends Tom Brady For 4 Games Over Deflated Footballs
- Brady’s Lawyer Slams NFL Report As A ‘Terrible Disappointment’
- ‘Deflate-Gate’ Report: Good For Ticket Sales, But Key Moment For Patriots Brand
- For Patriots Fans, 'Deflate-Gate' Doesn't Matter
- What The ‘Deflate-Gate’ Report May Mean For The Patriots’ Legacy
- ‘Help The Deflator': Patriots Staffers Texted About Tom Brady And Altering Footballs, Report Finds
- Robert Kraft ‘Disappointed’ In NFL Report On Deflated Footballs
- NFL Finds Patriots Employees Probably Deflated Footballs