The lawyer whose report on under-inflated footballs has led to a four-game suspension for New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and a $1 million fine of the team is firing back at all his critics.
Attorney Ted Wells denies any bias and insists the report commissioned by the NFL is based solely on direct evidence.
WBUR's Curt Nickisch joins Morning Edition with a report on Wells' response to criticism he has received from the Patriots and others.
To hear the full report, click on the audio player above.
This segment aired on May 13, 2015.
- NFL Suspends Tom Brady For 4 Games Over Deflated Footballs
- Brady’s Lawyer Slams NFL Report As A ‘Terrible Disappointment’
- ‘Deflate-Gate’ Report: Good For Ticket Sales, But Key Moment For Patriots Brand
- For Patriots Fans, 'Deflate-Gate' Doesn't Matter
- What The ‘Deflate-Gate’ Report May Mean For The Patriots’ Legacy
- ‘Help The Deflator': Patriots Staffers Texted About Tom Brady And Altering Footballs, Report Finds
- Robert Kraft ‘Disappointed’ In NFL Report On Deflated Footballs
- NFL Finds Patriots Employees Probably Deflated Footballs