A judge has indicated that he will formally sentence Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to death next month after hearing from about 20 victims.
Judge George O'Toole Jr. said during a status conference Tuesday that Tsarnaev's formal sentencing hearing will be scheduled some time in June. He did not set an exact date.
A jury last week determined that Tsarnaev should get the death penalty in the 2013 attack. Three people were killed and more than 260 were injured when Tsarnaev and his brother placed two pressure-cooker bombs near the marathon finish line.
Prosecutor William Weinreb told the judge that about 20 victims have asked to speak at the sentencing hearing. Tsarnaev will also be given the opportunity to speak.