Support the news

Newton School Cancels Classes After Employees Overcome By Carbon Monoxide

This article is more than 3 years old.

A Newton elementary school canceled classes for the day after two people were overcome by carbon monoxide.

The fire department says a school custodian and a contractor checking the heating system were overcome by fumes in the Franklin Elementary School's boiler room at about 7:30 a.m. Friday and taken to a Boston hospital.

Firefighters searched the building and found no one else inside. Testing, however, showed unsafe levels of carbon monoxide in the building.

The cause remains under investigation.

No names were released.

+Join the discussion
TwitterfacebookEmail

Support the news