Cleveland Circle Chipotle Passes Inspection After Norovirus Outbreak
The Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurant in Cleveland Circle that was blamed for sickening more than 100 people earlier this month could reopen as early as Thursday.
The mayor's office says the restaurant passed a city inspection on Wednesday, about two weeks after it was temporarily closed after the presence of norovirus was discovered.
More than 120 people, many of them Boston College students, were sickened after eating at the chain. The Boston Public Health Commission said tests identified a single strain of norovirus responsible for the illnesses.
The city said an employee was sick during a shift around the time the illness spread.
The restaurant chain is also dealing with an outbreak of E. coli that has sickened 53 people in nine states, but none in Massachusetts.
Chipotle's corporate office did not immediately respond to an inquiry about when it may reopen the location.