Support the news
A number of adult-use marijuana stores are now open for business in Massachusetts, with more expected to begin sales in the coming months.
Explore the map below by checking the boxes to see where different types of companies are located, and where others plan to locate once they get the OK. (Some businesses — like Cultivate in Leicester, for example — have multiple types of licences in one location. The text bubble will indicate that.)
Where did this data come from? Every two weeks or so, the Cannabis Control Commission updates its list of companies that have been awarded provisional licenses (the first step in the process), final licenses, and which ones have been cleared to open ("commence operations"). We'll update the map regularly.
Definitions of the types of licenses:
- Retailer: a store or other entity that can sell marijuana to consumers.
- Cultivator: These businesses can grow, process and package marijuana for delivery to stores, but not directly to consumers.
- Product Manufacturer: These entities take marijuana from culitvators and turn it into marijuana products (like edibles, oils, etc.).
- Testing Lab: These businesses test products under the legal requirements.
- Research Facility: These facilities can grow, buy or otherwise acquire marijuana for research purposes, like developing new products. The facility can't sell marijuana it's cultivated.
- Microbusiness: This is a cultivator and/or product manufacturer that can only purchase 2,000 pounds of marijuana a year.
Looking for medical marijuana dispensaries? That map is here.
Like what you read? You can get major marijuana news and other stories Boston is talking about sent directly to your inbox each day with the WBUR Today newsletter. Subscribe here.
- Recreational Marijuana
- Map: Medical Marijuana Dispensaries In Mass.
Support the news