Let's make sense of the world – together.
On Point is a rare public space where you hear nuanced explorations of complex topics live and in real time. It’s urgency and timeliness matched with depth. Podcasts, too, are rising as powerful tools for long-format journalism. But by definition, on-demand content is decoupled from the immediacy of the day’s or week’s news.
On Point gives you richness, intelligence, and intensity right now. Plus, it’s live. Hearing things get hashed out in real time is always a thrill. It’s a place where you’re going to learn, you’re going to be challenged, and you’re going to have fun, too.
— Meghna Chakrabarti
Every weekday, host Meghna Chakrabarti leads provocative conversations that help make sense of the world. Each show is a deeply researched, beautifully produced hour. Listeners will learn, be challenged — and have some fun, too. Produced by WBUR in Boston, distributed by American Public Media.
The show is broadcast live on air from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. EST Monday through Friday, and airs again throughout the day and evening on more than 300 stations coast to coast. The show is also available digitally through WBUR’s website, apps and its online archive, in addition to its regular podcast.
Join The Conversation
The On Point VoxPop App
How to use VoxPop
To respond to a question, simply jump into the app, press that red record button, and leave your message for our staff. (And be sure to turn on notifications so you never miss a question!)
We'll reach out if we need further information or have follow up questions to your answers.
On Point’s Voicemail Box
To join the conversation, call 1-617-353-0683 to leave a voicemail.
Four things to remember when calling the On Point voicemail box:
1) No Speakerphone: The best sound comes from using a land line telephone. Please use one if it is available. But whether it is a cell phone or landline, please don't put us on speakerphone.
2) Tell us who you are: When leaving a voicemail, please leave your first and last name, where you're from and your phone number. That way we can follow up with you if we have further questions.
3) Tell us why you're calling: Are you calling with an answer to an on-air prompt? A question based on a social media solicitation? Or, maybe you just have a question about a future show topic? Let us know that. You can also elaborate on any of your answers by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4) And if you can't leave a voicemail: You can always record a voice memo on your phone, and send it to us at email@example.com. Just make sure to tell us what prompt the voice memo is for in the email description.
General comments, questions, and/or suggestions about On Point:
To request a CD of a program that aired on On Point:
- Instructions on how to request a CD can be found here.
- We do not produce transcripts.
Employment opportunities with On Point: