The partial federal government shutdown is in its 32nd day and 800,000 federal employees still furloughed or working without pay.
Among those not working is Stephanie Roberts-Pedotti, an investigator for the Food and Drug Administration who inspects imports including food and pharmaceuticals.
Roberts-Pedotti said not only worried about keeping her family afloat, but about the public health and safety as she and her colleagues are out of work.
Stephanie Roberts-Pedotti, an investigator for the Food and Drug Administration.
This article was originally published on January 22, 2019.
- Coast Guard Family Relying On Food Bank Says They're Fed Up With Shutdown Holding Them 'Financially Hostage'
- 'Stop This Shutdown': Federal Workers Rally In Boston
- Furloughed IRS Employee On 20-Day Shutdown: 'My Workload Is Not Taking A Break'
- Shutdown Day 25: Postponing Visits To The Doctor Because 'I Don't Have The Co-Pay'
- How Is The Shutdown Affecting Mass. Federal Workers?