Maybe you have your Thanksgiving plans finalized, or maybe you're still looking for that final dish to finish off your spread. If you're in the latter group, this episode is for you. Haley House program director Jay Vilar joins us to share a recipe for cauliflower stuffing that ought to be a healthy yet tasty addition to your Thanksgiving table.
Haley House Cauliflower Stuffing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup carrots peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms washed and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup celery washed and diced
- 2 cups cauliflower chopped
- 2 teaspoons adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt (or salt to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped chives
- Start by sautéing an onion and carrots together in some light olive oil. Sauté on medium-low for about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, and celery and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add chopped cauliflower.
- Sprinkle the veggies with salt, pepper, smoked paprika and adobo seasoning.
- Stir well, coating them in the seasoning.
- Continue to sauté over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently until all the veggies have softened. Add garlic, cook for an additional 30 seconds - 1 minute, till garlic is fragrant.
- Garnish with chopped chives
- Serve as you would regular stuffing.