Love Songs For The Lovelorn On Valentine's DayPlay
Yes, it's nice to hear romantic songs on Valentine's Day. But what if your love life isn't going so well? Here and Now pop culture critic Renee Graham shares her play list of songs featuring love gone wrong, including selections by Cee Lo Green, Ray Charles, The Smiths and Billy Holiday. Share your dystopian love song below.
Renee Graham's Playlist for the Lovelorn
- Cee Lo Green, “Forget You”
- Ray Charles, “You Don’t Know Me”
- The Smiths, “How Soon is Now”
- The Temptations, “Just My Imagination”
- Angela Bofill, “I Try”
- Deniece Williams, “Silly”
- B.B. King, “The Thrill Is Gone”
- Adele, “Rolling In The Deep”
- Marvin Gaye, Here My Dear
- Frank Sinatra, In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning
- Billie Holiday, Lady In Satin
This segment aired on February 14, 2011.