What's Thanksgiving without a little family drama?
If you don't get enough at the dinner table, you could always go see "Silver Linings Playbook," now in theaters, or rent some of the other films that Steven Zeitchik has been considering lately, like "Moonstruck," "Dan in Real Life" or even the Israeli film "Footnote."
Steve writes about film, as well as arts and entertainment for the Los Angeles Times.
He tells Here & Now's Robin Young, "there's a kind of - I wouldn't say schadenfreude - but there's a certain kind of pleasure we get in A, knowing that other people deal with the same kind of things we deal with, but also B, in the fact that they have to deal with it at least for that moment, when you're in the theater watching it, and you can kind of leave that all behind."
Films Steve Discusses:
- Avalon (watch a trailer)
- Silver Linings Playbook (watch a trailer)
- Moonstruck (watch a trailer)
- Footnote (watch a trailer)
- Beautiful Girls (watch a trailer)
- Dan in Real Life (watch a trailer)
- In Her Shoes (watch a trailer)
- Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (watch a trailer)
- Hannah and Her Sisters (watch a trailer)
Do you have more movie suggestions? Post them on our Facebook page!
This segment aired on November 21, 2012.