There are few places in the country with more wind energy potential than Wyoming. But the state has seen almost no new wind turbines built in six years, even while wind has boomed in the rest of the country.
Depending on who you ask, the challenges have been political, technical or both. But now, the outlook is improving on all fronts. Wyoming Public Radio's Stephanie Joyce reports.
This segment aired on October 24, 2016.
- Connecticut Students Bring Energy To A Remote Village In Nepal
- As Coal Falters, Wind Energy Is Soaring
- U.S. Wind Power On Course To Grow Big
- Physicist Says The Earth Needs To Reduce Carbon Pollution Now
- Texas Wind Power Subsidies In Jeopardy
- Is Home Battery Storage The Key To The Future Of The Energy Grid?
- Backlash In Vermont Over Green Energy Aesthetics