Technology companies are defending their efforts to combat the spread of extremist ideologies and false news after the terror attack in London on Saturday. But British Prime Minister Theresa May said it is not enough, calling for closer internet regulation.
This segment aired on June 6, 2017.
- Facebook's F8 Conference Begins Amid Criticism Over Violent Videos
- Facebook Wants Great Power, But What About Responsibility?
- How Silicon Valley Views The Internet's Fake News Problem
- From Hate Speech To Fake News: The Content Crisis Facing Mark Zuckerberg
- Ex-Head Of Twitter News: Social Media Companies Alone Shouldn't Regulate 'Fake News'