In his State of the Union address Tuesday night, President Trump talked about gang violence and introduced the parents of two teenage girls killed by MS-13 gang members.
Here & Now's Jeremy Hobson speaks with MS-13 specialist David Pyrooz (@dpyrooz), a criminologist and assistant professor of sociology at the University of Colorado Boulder, about the gang and the extent of its activity in the U.S.
This segment aired on January 31, 2018.
- After Long Island Murders, One Scholar Explains The MS-13 Gang
- Perspective | Trump is wrong about MS-13. His rhetoric will make it worse.
- Trump Doesn't Understand MS-13
- Opening The Doors To College For Former Gang Members
- 'Jobs Trump Guns': Pastor Connects Chicago Violence To Lack Of Opportunity
- How Treating Violence As A Disease Could Help Prevent It