Strong winds and whiteout conditions are also anticipated, which could make travel dangerous and lead to power outages and coastal flooding.
- Stay indoors and off the streets.
- Clear furnace exhaust vents and car muffler to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning. (Make sure your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are working).
- Be cautious of downed power lines.
- Prepare for widespread power outages:
Heavy, wet #MAsnow may bring widespread power outages. Prepare now: http://t.co/XWl98nd4OX pic.twitter.com/E3LAoldFbB
— MEMA (@MassEMA) January 26, 2015
- Should power go out, do not call 9-1-1. Instead call your utility company.
- If roads flood, do not try to drive through water.
- For information about shelter locations, call 2-1-1 or visit mass211.org.