- Take Me Out to the Ballgame by Chuck Underwood and Greg Hardin (from Take Me Out to the Ballgame, Diamond Cuts Vol. 11, Hungry for Music, 2008)
Gary’s Take-I’m sure there’s not much demand for an entire CD’s worth of this baseball standard beyond the walls of the plush but not overly ostentatious Only A Game offices, but we’re sure glad this exists. Stay tuned each Saturday for the next 15-20 years to hear the remaining 30 versions on this anthology. At any rate, Hungry for Music is a worthy charity. Check them out: http://hungryformusic.com/hfm/
- Skinny Dip by The Zulus (Slash Records, 1989)
Gary’s Take-Yet another promising Boston band of the ‘80’s whose career was dashed by a major label and only marginally revived by the power of Public Radio.
- Glory Glory Man United by The Delta Soccer Lads (from Football Fever!, Delta Music Ltd., 1998)
Gary’s Take-It’s been a while since Becks labored for Man U, but Major League Soccer has yet to issue a CD of team fight songs. That league just never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity.
- SpongeBob Squarepants TV Theme (from Saturday Morning Cartoon Favorites, DJ’s Choice, 2002)
Gary’s Take-The song is garish, but not nearly as garish as the pants worn by SpongeJohn Dalypants. If you need proof, here’s a link:
- We’re a Bad Trip by Camper Van Beethoven (from II & III, Full Blast Records, 1987)
Gary’s Take-Get it? Get it? CAMPER Van Beethoven music for an interview about the Winnebago Races in Iowa? Seriously, if you’ve never heard CVB, do yourself a favor. They’re one of the finest American bands ever.
This program aired on July 17, 2009. The audio for this program is not available.