Every day, several hundred people lose their DACA status because of President Trump's decision to end the program for people brought into the country illegally as children.
Here & Now's Peter O'Dowd speaks with one woman, Rosalba, who has lost her status and is trying to reapply. Rosalba, who came to the U.S. from Mexico when she was 3 years old, asked that her last name not be used because she fears that she could be deported.
This segment aired on January 19, 2018.
- Immigrant Advocates Anxious For DACA Deal As Deadline Approaches
- Immigration Talks Like Threading 'Tiny' Needle 'Using A Rope,' Rep. Lujan Grisham Says
- Young Immigrants Who Own Homes Prepare To Unload Investment If DACA Ends
- As DACA Winds Down, DREAMers Turn Toward Different Futures
- 'My Heart Sank To My Stomach': One DACA Recipient Reacts To Trump's Decision