Also, child abuse made multiple headlines this week, with a searing spotlight report from the Boston Globe, to a failed legislative proposal, to the probation only sentence of a Brookline Rabbi.
Meanwhile, your chances of winning big in the Cash Winfall game are one in 9,366,891. Except, of course, if you're a gambling syndicate who's breaking the rules with a little help from lottery officials, which is exactly what happened in Massachusetts according to a new Inspector General report.
And, speaking of probabilities. Officials say they're 90 percent certain a great white shark attacked a Massachusetts swimmer — the first such attack in over 70 years.
- Joan Vennochi, columnist for The Boston Globe
- Bruce Mohl, editor of CommonWealth Magazine
- Beacon Hill: What Legislators Are Trying To Finish Before Session’s End
- As Session Winds Down, Governor Patrick Says He Will Sign Crime Bill
- Mass. Shark Attack Victim Released From Hospital
- Rabbi Sentenced To 10 Years Probation On Abuse Charges
- The Boston Globe: Lottery officials knew about Cash WinFall’s flaws, IG says
This segment aired on August 3, 2012.