Support the news

At Least 120 Boston College Students Sickened With Norovirus04:34
Download

Play
Boston College students walk across the college campus. (AP)
Boston College students walk across the college campus. (AP)
This article is more than 3 years old.

The number of Boston College students sickened with norovirus after eating at a Chipotle restaurant has jumped to at least 120.

The city ordered the Cleveland Circle Chipotle to close on Monday — and the director of the infectious disease bureau at the Boston Public Health Commission said it's unusual for such a large outbreak to be linked to one restaurant.

So, here's a reminder on what norovirus is and how to avoid getting it.

Guest

Benjamin Kruskal, chief of infectious disease at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates.

More

The Boston Globe: Tally Of BC Students Sick From Chipotle Jumps To 120

  • "The number of Boston College students reporting that they fell ill after eating at Chipotle Mexican Grill has risen to 120, as an unusually large outbreak of food-borne sickness continues to expand."

WBUR: As Chipotle Store Gets Tested For Norovirus, BC Now Says 120 Students Reporting Illnesses

  • "Boston College says more than 120 students have now reported gastrointestinal illnesses, and nearly all cases are in students who ate at a Chipotle restaurant near campus."

This segment aired on December 9, 2015.

+Join the discussion
TwitterfacebookEmail

Support the news