Here & Now's Robin Young gets two updates from Florida assessing the situation as Irma — now a tropical storm — moves through the state. She speaks with Randy Henderson, the mayor of Fort Myers, Florida, about how the storm has affected the city, and Ed Laudise, assistant principal of a school in Naples, where people were sheltered as Irma passed overhead.
This article was originally published on September 11, 2017.
This segment aired on September 11, 2017.
- Irma Weakens Into Tropical Storm As It Grinds Through Florida
- In Florida, Fort Myers Residents Prepare For Hurricane Irma
- Irma's Impact On Tampa
- How One Florida Biologist And His More Than 150 Animals Fared During Irma
- Florida Keys Hit Hard By Irma
- Fort Lauderdale Mayor Jack Seiler On The State Of The City After Irma