Former City Councilor Rob Consalvo, who grew up in former Mayor Thomas Menino's community of Hyde Park and considered him a family friend, also came to know the mayor as a mentor.
We spoke to Consalvo on Thursday after Menino passed away, and asked him the biggest lesson he learned from Menino. Listen to our full conversation above.
More Coverage Of Menino's Passing:
- Obituary: A Boston Political Giant Dies
- Remembering The ‘Urban Mechanic’
- Mayor Menino Remembered At City Hall
- Menino Put Stamp On Boston Skyline
- Officials React To Menino’s Passing
- Cog: Menino Transformed Boston
- Cog: Menino's Improbable Rise
- Storify: Your Reactions To His Death
- Bostonians Share Personal Encounters
- Timeline: Life And Career Of Menino
- Photos: Menino Through The Years
- A Look At Menino's Education Record
- Mayor Menino's Boston Sports Legacy
This segment aired on October 30, 2014.