Map and Charts
- Massachusetts entered phase three of its reopening plan on July 6, allowing gyms, museums and casinos to welcome back patrons. For more information on the state's reopening process, read our explainer, or see the full state report on reopening.
- To decrease the spread of COVID-19 in the fall, Boston-area schools are scrambling to improve ventilation.
- Visit our map and chart breakdown to see Massachusetts' daily case and death numbers, as reported by the Department of Public Health. The state also updates data on deaths and cases by city and town once a week, on Wednesdays. Click on the interactive above to see how your town or city has been affected. For more, explore a sortable table with each city and town here.
- While the state is making headway on combatting the spread of COVID-19, following public health guidelines is as important as ever. From face coverings to social distancing practices, stay informed about the state's latest guidance on how to avoid getting or giving coronavirus.
- Think you may have been exposed to coronavirus or want to get tested as a precaution? Find a testing location near you — in Boston, or elsewhere in the commonwealth.
- The pandemic has devastated local businesses and sent unemployment skyrocketing in Massachusetts. If you need help filing for unemployment or other assistance — or if you want to give back to those in need right now — we've compiled a list of resources. If you're returning to work and have questions or concerns about doing so, read about your rights as an employee here.
- For all of WBUR's regularly updated coverage of the coronavirus pandemic in Massachusetts and New England, click here. You can also sign up for our coronavirus newsletter and alerts, delivering the latest updates to your inbox.
This article was originally published on March 09, 2020.